The functions of the Office of the Dean of Students are integral to the land-grant mission of the campus and contribute to students' academic and personal development. Student-centered advocacy, programs and services are designed to address students' needs and remove barriers to their success. To guide this work, the staff will:
- Provide arenas for the exploration of personal and community identities and opportunities to increase understanding and valuing of differences;
- Advocate on students' behalf through on- and off-campus collaborations;
- Challenge students to enhance their decision-making skills and take responsibility for their choices and actions;
- Create opportunities for students to integrate curricular and co-curricular learning;
- Encourage students to examine and become engaged in campus, local, regional, national and global issues.