Registration and Identification Requirements
Registration for CBT and iBT Exams
- All Registrations must be done on-line at www.ets.org or other testing
entity by selecting the desired test.
- Registration can NOT be completed in person at the Testing Center.
- Registration should be made in advance of the test date.
- Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first served basis.
Appointments fill very quickly between August and March.
Identification Required for Admission to an Examination
Before you can be admitted to any examination, you must present current, undamaged, valid government issued identification (must have a picture and signature).
If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident you MUST present a valid passport. A permanent resident card AND a state driver's license or ID is required if you are a permanent resident.
The Testing Center is required to deny admission to individuals who do not have valid identification. CHECK THE APPROPRIATE TEST WEBSITE FOR DETAILS.
Valid forms of identification include:
- Passport (required for non-U.S. citizens and while not required it is also valid for U.S. citizens) -- must be current
- Driver's license -- must be current and undamaged (if it is in two pieces or invalidated with a punch by authorities we cannot accept it)
- State issued I.D. card with photo -- must be current and undamaged (if it is in two pieces or invalidated with a punch by authorities we cannot accept it)
What happens on the day of the Examination
- Candidates should enter the Testing Center thru the northeast entrance of the Student Services Building (610 E. John Street).
- Candidates must arrive at the Testing Center at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled exam time.
- Candidates must bring an undamaged and valid current government issued identification that matches the name you registered with.
- Candidates must store all personal and electronic items in a secure locker provided in the Testing Center.
- Candidates may take nothing into the testing area. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided by the Testing Center.
- Candidates will be video and audio recorded at all times.
- Security requirements include; pockets pulled inside out; long sleeves pulled up; pant legs raised above shoes; and wanding before being allowed to enter the testing room.
- Candidates may take no more than the allotted time for the examination but may leave earlier if they are finished with the exam.
- No other individuals are permitted in the Testing Center other than the candidate taking the test.
- There is an accessible area available for food storage.
- No visitors are allowed at any time.
- Unaccompanied minors are not allowed at any time.
- Minor children whom are taking a test may be required by the test owner to have an adult caregiver available. This is the only exception to the unaccompanied minor rule above. Please check with the test owner to establish whether you can accompany your minor child on the day of testing.
- Policy exceptions can only be may by the test owners in advance of any test. They will notify the Testing Center in advance should they deem to grant an exception. Requests for exceptions on the day of the exam may require that you forfeit your test appointment and reschedule for another day.